National Reserve Bank of Angola (BNA) sold 231. 1 million Euros to commercial banks from 25-29 July this year.
The information is contained in a BNA press note released Monday.
According to the source, the EUR 231.1 million sales (equivalent to USD 258.2 million) covered various operations, with stress to:
- EUR 35.8 million to cover the needs of companies providing services to the oil sector;
- EUR 29.3 million for operations aimed at covering foodstuffs;
- EUR 17.9 million credit cards operations;
- EUR 12.1 million to cover the needs of several companies;
- EUR 49.9 million for the Industry Ministry’s needs;
- EUR 26.9 million for the Ministry of Agriculture needs;
- EUR 6.8 million (Ministry of Fisheries);
- EUR 25.4 million (Ministry of Youth and Sports needs);
- EUR 490.2 million (Ministry of Interior needs).
- EUR 13.4 million (State Subsidiary Bodies operations);
- EUR 2.6 million (letters of credit);
- EUR 35.8 million (travel and family assistance);
The Central bank sold the USD at a rate of 166.714 kwanzas, while, EUR to 186.268 Kz, according to the source.