At least 328.1 million Euros were sold by the National Reserve Bank (BNA) to commercial banks from October 03- 07 this year.
According to information posted on BNA website, the above amount corresponds to USD 366.6 million.
The sales were held during auction sessions, having EUR 35.8 million gone to cover the Oil sector;
79.6 million Euros went to industry sector operations and 73.0 million Euros to food stuffs.
Other auction sessions covered the following areas:
- EUR 27.0 million for credit cards;
- EUR 25.4 million to cover operations of various companies.
- EUR 21.0 million went to the credit cards operations.
- EUR 20.9 million to cover operations of state-run ministries and institutions.
- EUR 17.9 million for trips, assistance to families, health and education.
- EUR 13.5 million to cover media sectors operations.
- EUR 9.8 million for agriculture sector.
- EUR 2.2 million to cover the needs of remittance operators
- EUR 1.3 million for exchange bureau facilities.
- EUR 447,500 for energy and water sector.
The country’s primary exchange market recorded sale reference exchange rate of Euro=Akz 186,273, and Usd=AKz 166,719.