africa Angola commodities diamond export Mining Natural Resources

Angola: Lucapa sells Lulo rough for $9M

Lucapa Diamond Company garnered $9.1 million at its January rough sale, achieving an average price of $2,192 per carat.

The miner sold 4,170 carats at the tender, its first of the year, it said in a recent statement. The diamonds are from the company’s Lulo alluvial mine in Angola.

Additionally, Lucapa has recovered its first stones — including a 6.6-carat diamond — from its Mothae project in Lesotho. Lucapa owns a 70% stake in Mothae, which it bought for $9 million in January 2017, two years after Lucara Diamond Corp. offloaded the mine. The Lesotho government holds the remaining 30%.

Lucapa is also carrying out exploration at the Brooking lamproite project in Western Australia.

Source: Rapaport

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s