Female journalists working in the creative sector are encouraged to submit entries for the APO Group African Women in Media Award. The award recognises, celebrates and empowers African journalists who support female entrepreneurship in Africa.
The winner will be announced at the sixth Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) scheduled for the 2 and 3 December.
Now in its second edition, AWIEF brings together global thought leaders, industry experts, policymakers, academics, development organisations and investors to dialogue, connect, network, share, collaborate and transact in a combined effort to boost Africa’s entrepreneurship ecosystem for women. This edition’s theme is Reimagining Business & Rebuilding Better.
“We are proud to continue the APO Group African Women in Media Award as part of our commitment to supporting the development of journalism on the continent,” APO Group chairperson and founder Nicolas Pompigne-Mognard said.
The previous winner of the award is Ugandan journalist Nila Yasmin for her article Aweko Faith Is Turning Uganda’s Waste Into Wealth.
To be eligible, the entrant should:
- Be directly employed or a freelancer.
- Be working on the continent.
- Have a story published or broadcasted in English, French, Portuguese or Arabic.
- The stories must have been made public between 1 January and 31 October 2020.
Entrants can submit in the following formats:
- Print – Entrants should upload the scan(s) of the published article.
- Radio – Entrants should upload the SoundCloud link.
- Website – Entrants should upload the URL.
- TV – Entrants should upload the YouTube link.
Entries will be selected based on:
- Human interest and community impact.
How to participate
- Interested individuals can access the application form here.
- The application deadline is 31 October.
- The finalists will be announced on 20 November while the winner will be announced on 3 December.
- For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Music in Africa