In case you missed it – Meet Rose Christiane Ossouka Raponda, former Budget Minister, Libreville’s FIRST female Mayor and now the country’s FIRST female Prime Minister appointed July 16, 2020.
Here are 7 facts about Rose Christiane Ossouka Raponda:
- She is 56 years old, and a Gabonese citizen and a member of the Mpongwe ethnic group.
- She has a degree in Economics from the Gabonese Institute of Economy and Finance.
- She began her career as the Director-General of Economy and Deputy Director-General of the Housing Bank of Gabon.
- In February 2012, she was appointed the Minister for Budget, Public Accounts and the Public Service where she served until January 2014.
- In 2014, Rose was elected Mayor of the capital city Libreville representing the ruling PDG (Gabonese Democratic Party).
- Rose was appointed as the Defence Minister in February 2019.
- She also became President of United Cities and Local Governments Africa.
Ossouka Raponda will be ensuring Gabon’s economic relaunch and necessary social support in light of COVID-19. She will take on two major challenges: declining oil production and prices, which have weighed on #growth in recent years, and the COVID19 pandemic.