“We are excited to welcome industry stakeholders at the upcoming Market Access Africa 2021 – an action packed business meeting between policy makers, buyers, producers (sellers) and value chain enablers taking place as both an online and in-person event”, said Cindy Euston-Brown, Communication and Marketing Director at the African Agri Council NPC.
The meeting will feature various high-level discussions, closed sessions, and an expert value chain connect team to pre-schedule and facilitate meetings for all the participants.
Here’s a sneak peek of the events speaker faculty:
- Tapping into the Export Market of Processed Cocoa Products, Shea Nuts, Cashew Nuts, Sugar, Fertilisers and Fruit Products – Buyers and Producers Perspectives Devakumar V.G. Edwin, Group Executive Director, Dangote Industries Limited
- Emerging stronger from the COVID-19 crisis – bringing food supply chains closer to home Ravi Pillay, MEC for Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs at KwaZulu-Natal Government
- Increasing Food and Agriculture Trading and Market Opportunities through the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Cornelia Berns, Director International Cooperation, Global Food Policy at the Federal Ministry for Food and Agriculture
- Producing More with Less – Increasing Gross Production Value Through the Latest Innovations in Fertilizer and Higher-yielding Seeds Jérôme Barbaron, Head of Crop Protection in Africa and Middle East at Syngenta
- Cold Chain Production, Storage and Distribution – Boosting Local Productivity and Logistics Support to Compete with International Exporters Nnaemeka C. Ikegwuonu, Chief Executive Officer at Cold Hubs will look into cold chain production, storage and distribution
- The Future of Ag Commodities Trading: Transforming African Commodities Trade Through Blockchain &; Digitalisation Anja Strothkämper, Vice President SAP Commodity Management and SAP Agribusiness at SAP will discuss the future of Ag commodities trading
- Accelerated Adoption of Digital Technologies and Supply Chain Improvements to Increase Productivity Daniel Asare-Kyei, Chief Executive Officer at Esoko Limited will offer advice on accessing new markets through digital procurement and e-commerce platforms
- Accessing New Markets through Digital Procurement and e-Commerce Platforms Peter Njonjo, Chief Executive Officer at Twiga Foods will assess the accelerated adoption of digital technologies and supply chain improvements to increase productivity
- Creating Agribusiness Opportunities for Women – What Can We Expect from Bilateral Partners and Financial Institutions for Market and Capital Access? Lucy Muchoki, Chief Executive Officer at Pan African Agribusiness and Agro Industry Consortium (PANAAC).
The question of market access is of crucial importance for Africa. African countries have continued to put emphasis on this question since the establishment of the World Trade Organization (WTO), given how crucial market access is for their development agenda – more so agriculture development.
The Continental Free Trade Area (CFTA) and the Malabo Declaration have both emphasized boosting intra-Africa trade in agricultural commodities and services, and as such presenting a real opportunity for Africa to emerge as a big winner in the current global environment.
Market Access Africa is the industry’s must-attend event, providing the ideal setting to develop relationships, explore ideas and expand into new markets. There are limited and exclusive sponsorship opportunities available for organisations wishing to gain high visibility and reach to Africa’s agri movers and shakers.