Ecobank Commercial Banking, a subsidiary of Ecobank Group, has launched its Ellevate Leadership Training Program in collaboration with the Global Business School Network (GBSN).
The Ellevate Leadership Training Program is part of ‘Ellevate Equip,’ a brand term for all Ellevate by Ecobank capabilities and training support activities.
An initial cohort of 40 top-tier Ellevate customers from ten African nations will participate in this Leadership Training program: Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
“Ecobank developed Ellevate to support and nurture the growth of women-owned and women-led businesses by providing them with a full suite of financial and non-financial products,” said Josephine Anan-Ankomah, Group Executive, Commercial Banking, Ecobank. Its goal is to assist them in realizing their full potential and expanding their commercial and economic influence. The Ecobank Academy’s ‘Ellevate Equip’ program is a natural extension of these goals, and it was created to empower African women leaders by equipping them with the tools and skillsets they need to effectively lead themselves, and their businesses, and their communities.”
The Ecobank Academy, in collaboration with the Global Business School Network and its members, School of Business, INSEAD Africa Initiative and INSEAD Emerging Markets Institute (EMI), Lagos Business School, MIT Sloan Global Programs, Stanford Seed, and the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business, has developed and delivered this unique training program.
The selected business leaders will learn how to:
- Identify and work on key leadership challenges.
- Master leadership perspectives – reframe challenges with a growth mindset.
- Think strategically to advance individual and corporate objectives Build resilience effectively manages stress, uncertainty, and setbacks.
- Leverage action learning to identify new business opportunities and improve other areas for business growth.
- Gain a complete view of themselves as leaders. Effectively lead high-performance teams.
Participants who successfully complete the program will get a certificate of completion from the Ecobank Group and GBSN.